Soft Liner Alternative
Most repairs can be done in one day. If a repair is necessary, there may be underlying problems such as age of the denture, worn teeth or poor fit. Your Denturist can explain best ways to prevent denture breakage.
Are soft liners right for you?Permanent soft liners are excellent alternatives for those with severely receded or flat gums that cannot tolerate dentures or those with chronic soreness. Those with gums having prominent or bony areas can also benefit from soft liners.
What are the advantages of soft liners?
- Greater comfort
- Clinical evidence suggests that most people tolerate soft liner materials.
- Soft liners make it possible to chew more comfortably.
- Soft liners have been available for more than twenty years; during that time, materials and technology have greatly improved.
Soft liner considerations
- Soft liners require excellent cleaners and home care.
- Soft liners also require regular Denturist follow-up visits, to check fit and oral tissues and to ensure professional cleaning.